Monday, June 6, 2011

30 Day Detox

It's time!  I have decided to do this program with my aunt, Melissa Ramey, which she recommended.  I have been thinking and thinking about a detox for a long time as I have been at a similar weight for a long while now and have tried everything under the sun possible to shake my body from this comfort zone. 

It's more than just that though< I believe to be healthy, one must possess a healthy diet, healthy physical endeavors, a balanced hormonal structure and a stress free mind set.  Or as stress free as you can be;)  I have found lately that perhaps this is deeper than my body just doing everything it can to prevent me from getting leaner than I've ever been.  Of course, the one thing that does work for me is no carbs or very low carbs; however, I feel it's not a healthy course of action and for me, it deters me from putting the maximal effort into my workouts.

Last Wednesday, I went to a friend of the family who is a Doctor in a Hormonal/Food Allergy/Homeopathic Practice.  I finally feel like I've made a move forward, as I feel in my gut, it is something deeper than a missing link in my diet or exercise, as I said earlier.  Hypothyroidism runs on my mother's side of the family and has not missed one woman yet.  I will find out the conclusion of one part of the test this Wednesday and the other part the Wednesday after.

This detox is to detoxify my system of sugars, processed foods, gluten, caffeine and so on.  I will be updating this with how I feel along the way.

I'm inserting a picture of myself when I got to my leanest without really sacrificing most things and feeling I've tried everything.  I'd say this was the start of my plateau.  This picture was taken in February of 2010, more than a year ago.  Since then, I have always switched up my program, tried carb cycling, low carbs, have completed 2 competitions, counted calories, went mostly organic, drank 2 gallons of water per day, and had many breakdowns as to why nothing was happening.  I feel as though I have fought the hard fight and it's time to take this a step deeper. 

I am also doing a stress test, which I then send to California, where they will get back with me a week after I send it in.  I will do that this week.  Since this picture, I have had some fluctuations in weight but mostly, I get bloated easily and put on weight quickly in my midsection, a genetic malfunction;)  I try to say that positively.  Of course I'd rather have it go to my butt, but this is where it goes and it prevents me from wanting to wear tanks because I feel that is out of proportion to everything else on me.  But it is what it is and I'm doing what I can to get to the bottom of this so I have more control over it.  I don't believe anything is IMPOSSIBLE.  I believe I can get lean if I want to, it's just a matter of finding what is going on inside and then correcting it.  This is not just physical, but I want to be healthy inside as well.  The woman who tested me last week told me that stress, cortisol, adrenals, thyroid, metabolism, all works together and when one thing is off, it throws them all off.  So here we go! 

I am really excited and super motivated to work hard and detox.  I know it will be a challenge, but I'm ready and I've challenged myself in so many ways and know what it feels like to be challenged and push through to the other side for the feeling of being proud of myself. 

I am excited to share with you what I find out and see if I am right about something going on internally with me. 

I also want to inform you on detoxing and the importance of balance, not just physical achievement, but inner balance.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment