Thursday, June 23, 2011

Detox update

Well guys, I have been doing my best for the month long detox, which is a long time to commit to and I knew going in that I had 3 family/friend events to attend in the time span as well as a vacation.  I normally eat like the detox called for (which I posted in the second post on "detox") but really had to work on caffeine.  I have been doing great on it and cut back majorly.  For me, this detox was a way to challenge me to do better than I was doing before.  I feel I really gave it a good effort and will continue to do so. 

I still have not gotten my food allergy tests back yet and when I do, you'll be the first to hear!  I have never done a detox before and with this one, loved it because I don't eat dairy anyways, I don't eat processed foods unless it's a cheat meal (but when I'm working on a goal, I do not cheat).  I have had a lot going on with tests and a personal health conflict lately (the hormonal testing/food allergy testing)...and getting all my medications so I can be more balanced internally.  I am happy to say that although this month long detox, I did not adhere to 110%, I also knew going in that this was going to be a challenge for me to get motivated to work on a new goal, less caffeine.  I feel happy with my efforts and did notice a change, more energy and less "needing" a caffeine fix through the middle of the day.  I like how I feel and in the meantime have decided that I am always going to love my black coffee, whether it's enjoying it over talk with my mom or mel, or looking forward to a nice cup of it in the morning, I don't ever want to give that up.  I know that everything can and should be monitored and controlled.   When you begin to depend on something, that is when you should begin to observe more closely your affiliation and need with that substance.   I do not feel I have many vices and so this detox for me was a motivating thrust with a positive outcome.  Although it is not over, I continue to maintain this occasional cup of coffee for enjoyment.  I believe because this is life, you should not deprive yourself of everything.  Deprivation is no good.  I have learned this the hard way....we weren't made to deprive ourselves...I believe we are supposed to eat and drink well 90% of the time and on occasion, have your cheat meal or vice.  We are all human and we need that.  Competing in shows, I realize that nothing good came after depriving my body for 3 solid months and then going back to your normal ways of having occasional cheat meals, etc.  Now, it depends on where you are with your goals as well, keep this in mind as I'm stating all this.  If you are working on fat loss, you should minimize your cheat meals, if any.  If you are really serious that is. 

So overall, I will continue modifying the one thing I felt was missing from my life on the detox program, which was minimal caffeine....

I believe any effort to try to progress yourself, your diet, your health, your life, is a good intentioned effort.  If you make headway, hats off to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment